So what do we do around here to make sure the we don't get that kind of press?
While no method is foolproof, there are a few boundaries we've drawn on staff that help:
- If you're married, no driving in a car alone with a member of the opposite sex who is not your spouse.
- If you're married, no meals alone with a member of the opposite sex who is not your spouse.
- Side hugs only, please. Full frontal hugs are only asking for trouble.
- Before hitting "send" on an email or text message to a member of the opposite sex, ask, "would I send this if my husband/wife saw it?"
- Pay close attention to your relationship with your mate. So close that you don't have time or energy to pay attention to others who aren't your mate. This year, the church gave each of its pastors a weekend for two at the Wild Dunes Resort on the Isle of Palms. Nice.
We do our best to live into those boundaries.
Because there are some headlines we don't ever want to make.