As I began our Spring Breakthrough Mission Week with Good Shepherd students yesterday, my particular team spent the day at Charlotte's 24-7 Prayer Center located in the NoDa section of town.
We spent the first part of the day praying, reflecting, and writing in the space that 24-7 provides to the city.
We spent the second part cleaning the homes of some of 24-7's neighbors in that at-risk area of our city.
But here are some things you may not know about 24-7:
1. It combines art, movement, and Scripture with a passion for mission to create prayer spaces unlike any other I've seen.
2. The center serves not as a church in and of itself but as a resources to congregations that already exist.
3. They survive on donations from individuals and churches.
4. 24-7 mentions no staff members' names on its Charlotte website.
5. At 3000 square feet, it is the largest 24-7 prayer center in the country.